In this section, we describe how you can record your own personalised voicemail. Adding a personalied voicemail lets people know they are through to the right person and what your availability is like, when you are unable to take their call.
Steps to create a personalised voicemail:
1. Press the voicemail button (envelope) or dial *40 from your phone.
2. Press 0.
3. In this step you are able to categorize your message, depending on what your status is at the time:
Press: 1. Record your "unavailable" message.
2. Record your "busy" message.
3. Record your name.
4. Record your "temporary" message.
4. Press # to stop recording.
5. In this step you can decide what you want to do with the message:
Press: 1. To save you message.
2. To listen to your message.
3. Re-record your message.
Unavailable: This message is to be used if you are not able to answer any calls. So you may be away from your desk or in a meeting.
Busy: This message should advise the customer, that your phone is set to DND (do not disturb) or you are already on another call.
Name: This simply lets you record your name without advising the caller what your current status is.
Temporary: This overrides all the above allowing you to leave a temporary message on your extension until you are next available.
Applying a Temporary message can be useful if you are away for extended periods (such as annual leave), it will override your Unavailable message without deleting it, which allows you to revert back upon your return.
Article is closed for comments.